Luxembourg is one of the richest countries in the EU and in the world. At the same time, it is one of the safest countries as well. Just these two things make it a prime destination for anyone looking for a prosperous place to work and live. As a result of that the demand for real estate largely outweighs the offer.
Kirchberg is one of the districts that is becoming more and more popular with newcomers. The district is spread over 4 km in the northeast part of Luxembourg City. The total population of the Kirchberg district is 5.801, with 76% foreigners and the rest being native Luxembourgish people. That makes it one of the most cosmopolitan communities in the entire country.
Top reasons why people want to live in Kirchberg
- The public transport is superbly organized and connects well to any part of the rest of the city. It doesn’t matter in which part of the city your job is; you will get there cheap and fast using the means of public transport.
- Kirchberg is also known for its schools. Not only there are few great public schools, but it is also home to a private school and one of Luxembourg University campuses. In addition to that, there are plenty of local daycare centers and kindergartens. That’s one of the reasons why so many families and students are always searching for openings in this area.
- The district’s economic growth is exponential, often beyond the city’s average. Many international companies operate in this part of the city and many more on the way. Then there are the EU institutions that are always on the search for local talent. All in all, it is a dynamic workforce market with great, well-paid job openings.
- Many think of Kirchberg as the architectural showcase of Luxembourg City. Many of its most formidable architectural buildings are located on both sides of the JFK Avenue.
- Luxembourg is considered one of the safest countries in the EU, and in the world that matters. Kirchberg is no exception to that. Plus, its residential areas are some of the quietest.
- Kirchberg is also known for the Bohler Clinic, the Kirchberg Hospital, and the La Coque sports ce All of these are community assets.
- The district is split in two by the John Fitzgerald Kennedy Avenue. Both sides are filled with a great number of European Institutions and businesses. Then there are the Philharmonie, the Kinepolis cinema, the Auschan Shopping center, the museum of modern arts, and plenty of residential buildings.
- The district is set for further growth with many new residential buildings already in planning.
Whether you are interested in renting a room or an entire house, agencies like Vauban Fort are your best bet to find one. Their listing may not be the biggest one on the market, but what they offer is at reasonable rates and follows pretty strict standards.